JOB DESCRIPTION: Teen Mentoring Caseworker
This is a full time position of 37.5 hours per week reporting to the Executive Director.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, Teen Mentoring Caseworker is responsible for the effective service delivery for Mentoring programs which includes the following duties:
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Provide support to the Executive Director as required.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director including participation in agency fundraising and public relations initiatives.
- Maintain a strong effective working relationship with the BBBS team.
- Participate in staff development seminars and training a minimum of once every two years.
- Work evenings and weekends as required.
- Provide an article in each Newsletter.
- General office upkeep and duties as needed.
- Present Mentoring information to groups such as service clubs, churches, schools, the university and college throughout the year for the purpose of recruiting new mentors.
- Maintain accurate, updated Dynamics CRM documentation according to BBBSC National Service and Delivery Standards and agency policies and practices.
- Complete and submit monthly statistics and reports, as applicable to this position, to the Intake Caseworker.
- Responsible for the matching and monitoring of the Teen Mentoring Program. Timely and thorough follow-up and monitoring of matches as set out in the BBBSC National Service Delivery Standards and Agency policy and procedures.
- Match children and Teens based on their needs, skill levels, complimentary personalities, and shared interests.
- Responsible for the enrolment process of Teen volunteers and children in the Teen Mentoring Program from District 51 and Holy Spirit School District. This includes all screening, processing, and matching of Teens and Littles.
- Responsible for the planning and programming of the Teen Mentoring Program.
- Assist Intake Caseworker when needed in the screening of volunteers and families according to BBBSC National Service and Delivery Standards and agency policies and practices.
- When needed co-facilitate Pre-Match training for families and assist Intake Caseworker when needed in delivering Pre-Match Training to volunteers.
- Ensure other Caseworker Staff have a working knowledge of the Teen Mentoring based files and is able to maintain files in the other Caseworkers absence.
- Co-Coordinate the Kids & Kops program with all Caseworker Staff.
This position is subject to change as the needs of the program determine the need for this position.
- Minimum 2 year post-secondary diploma or degree in Social Work or related field i.e. human services, health, or education.
- Experience and strong knowledge of databases and all Microsoft programs including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and clean driver’s abstract.
- Previous experience in interacting/working with children and families.
Please submit resumes to Jen Visser – firstname.lastname@example.org